Why does FCS Express appear frozen when I create a gate?
If your Mac computer is connected to two screens (a laptop screen and an external monitor or a desktop computer and two monitors), you may notice that the Create a Gate window is not visible.
If your screens are set to have separate spaces, the Create a Gate window may be located off of the screen and may not be visible.
To resolve this, you may set your screens to share the same space. To do this, please follow the steps below.
- Click the Apple Icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select System Settings
- Choose the Desktop and Dock category (in the left pane)
- The very bottom option is Displays have Separate Spaces
- Turn this OFF. We want both screens to be in the same space.
- You may need to log out of your desktop and log back in or restart your computer for the new setting to take effect.
- Launch FCS Express and try adding a new gate to a plot.
When you launch FCS Express you may see the message below about Separate Spaces. It is OK to click Continue.
FCS Express on Mac
Upgrading FCS Express