Can I disable the live updating feature?
FCS Express is designed to update your data in real-time. This means that any time a gate, quadrant, or marker moves, FCS Express will update your data as you move that object.
The speed at which FCS Express will respond to this live update will depend on several factors:
- the quantity and size of the data being updated,
- the number of downstream plots that need to be updated,
- the number of child gates that are also updating as a result of the changes,
- the number of downstream statistics that are updating in real-time,
- and, the CPU specifications of the hardware being used.
If needed, the live updating feature can be turned off.
FCS Express controls the live updating feature in 2 places:
- in your FCS Express User Options,
- and, within your Layout Options.
Please expand the accordion below for more information regarding each of these options.
The FCS Express User Options help define the global behavior of FCS Express.
One of the FCS Express User Options defines whether live-updating occurs in any new layouts that are created.
You can find this option within your FCS Express Users Options, underneath the Performance category.
The checkbox can be selected or de-selected to either turn on or turn off live updating in new layouts.
To modify the live updating behavior for an existing FCS Express layout, a layout can be formatted through its Layout Options.
The Layout Options will contain a Performance Options section that will allow a user to define whether a specific FCS Express layout updates in real-time or after the user makes changes.
To turn off live updating in a layout, select the option to Specify the value below and uncheck the Update immediately checkbox.
FCS Express on Mac
Upgrading FCS Express