System Requirements and File Compatibility
FCS Express can read listmode (FCS) data files from all manufacturers. FCS Express currently supports FCS Version 1 to FCS Version 3.1. FCS Express can read data files that were acquired on a Macintosh or any other operating system. Simply transfer the files to the computer on which you are running FCS Express (either via the network, cloud storage, flash drive, CD or any other method) and FCS Express will be able to load the data.
In addition to being able to load the raw listmode data from any instrument, FCS Express can also import the analysis/acquisition settings (gates, plots, markers, quadrants etc) from the BD FACSDiva™ and the BD Accuri C6™ flow cytometers.
To learn more, expand a section below to learn the requirements for each component.
- Windows: FCS Express 7 can run on Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10/Windows 11.
- 32-bit FCS Express will run in a 32-bit or 64-bit environment.
- 64-bit FCS Express will run in a 64-bit environment.
- Why choose 64-bit over 32-bit?
- Computers running 64-bit applications generally have more resources, such as power or memory, that are available to them, compared to their 32-bit counterparts.
- If you are analyzing large data files, or large datasets, and your computer is running a 64-bit operating system, a 64-bit application is suggested.
- If using FCS Express 7:
- macOS 13.3 (Ventura) or greater is compatible with FCS Express v7.18.0015 or greater.
- macOS 13.1 & 13.2 (Ventura) are supported thru FCS Express v7.16.0046.
- Note, to run FCS Express 7 on macOS 13, please ensure "Stage Manager" is turned off. Check back for updates on Stage Manager compatibility.
- macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) through macOS 13.2.x (Ventura) is supported from 7.12.0009 thru 7.16.0046.
- ARM-based Macs (M1 & M2 Apple Silicon) are supported with FCS Express 7.10.0007 and later when used with macOS 11.6 or higher.
- macOS 12.2.1 (Monterey) is supported with FCS Express versions 7.12.0005, 7.12.0007, and higher.
- If using macOS Monterey 12.3. and more recent Monterey releases, FCS Express 7 v7.12.0009 or higher is compatible.
- Updates can be downloaded from here.
- macOS is not compatible with our Network license.
- If using FCS Express 6, macOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) through macOS 10.14 (Mojave) is supported.
- FCS Express 5 or less may be run in a Windows virtual machine environment on a Mac, using software such as Parallels, VMWare Fusion or Boot Camp.
- If using FCS Express 7:
PowerPoint and Excel are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation
FACSDiva is a trademark of Beckton Dickinson Corporation