How do I manually change my configuration file?
A configuration file (ending in .config) for FCS Express is the license key that allows you to access FCS Express. In certain cases, it may be necessary to change your configuration file. The process to change your configuration file is outlined below and is generally a one-time procedure. If you are having difficulty changing your configuration file, the team at De Novo Software is always here to help..
Steps to change your configuration file
Changing your configuration file is four step process outlined below. Before you begin, make sure you have the new configuration file provided by your facility easily accessible.
1. Locate your current configuration file.
- On a PC (Windows 7 and above) it will be located at C:\ProgramData\De Novo Software\FCS Express 7 Research.
- Please note that the ProgramData folder is generally a hidden folder. Typing C:\ProgramData in any windows file browser will help you navigate to this location (Example below).
- For PC's running Windows 2000 or XP, the location will be: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\De Novo Software
- On a Mac it will be located at Library > De Novo Software > FCS Express 7 Research.
- Please note that the Library folder is generally a hidden folder. From your Desktop hold down the Alt/Option key and click on the Go menu to reveal the Library folder (Example below). Please visit Where is my configuration file saved on a Mac for additional information.
2. Delete your current configuration file.
- When you have found your current configuration file ending in .config, delete it.
3. Add your new configuration file.
- You will have received a new configuration file from De Novo Software or your facility. Place the new configuration file where the old one you deleted in step 2 was located.
4. Run FCS Express.
- Run FCS Express as you normally would using your username and password provided by your facility.
If you are having any difficulty in replacing your configuration file please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and our team of experts will arrange a short screen sharing meeting to assist you further.
FCS Express on Mac
Upgrading FCS Express