Can I share my USB dongle or countercode license with another user?
Yes. There are two methods for sharing a license.
The owner of the license may provide the .config file to the end-user via email, thumb drive, or other electronic means. The .config file can be obtained in the following ways.
- From your computer, following these steps.
- From your De Novo Software account on our website
- Log into your De Novo Software account here.
- Click Active Licenses.
- Under the Purchased Licenses section, click the download icon under the column called Config File.
The end-user can then configure FCS Express manually following these instructions.
The end-user must first register for a De Novo Software account.
Log into your account at https://denovosoftware.com/myaccount/
1. Click on Active Licenses.
2. Under the Purchased Licenses section, select the USB dongle or Countercode license you wish to share.
3. Under the Shared Licenses section, click Share.
4. Enter the email address of the user with whom you wish to share the license. This should be their De Novo Software account. Click Share.
The end-user can then configure FCS Express automatically with their De Novo Software account, following these instructions.
The license should also appear in the end-user's De Novo Software account on our website. When they log in, and click on Active Licenses the license should appear under the Shared Licenses section.
FCS Express on Mac
Upgrading FCS Express