|Desktop Software Developer|
De Novo Software is a rapidly growing company specializing in data analysis solutions for scientific experiments. Our flagship product, FCS Express, is a high performance desktop application used in thousands of research and clinical laboratories world-wide in applications ranging from basic science to disease diagnosis. We are a small company located in Los Angeles, CA. You will work as part of a team of 6 highly skilled developers, reporting directly to the CTO. The CEO is a software developer and the company has a very technology-centric focus. We are interested in someone who wants more than writing another web front end to a database. The candidate will enjoy theoretical aspects of software development, such as design patterns, OOP and software architecture. We have monthly seminars on different aspects of software development and frequent discussions regarding software architecture choices. Developers work on all aspects of the software and drive all architecture, coding, and testing decisions. Dress code is casual.
We are seeking a motivated, creative thinker to work in the heart of our development team. The specific duties will include architecture/design, programming and testing, but depending on the candidate can expand beyond that. The successful candidate will be enjoy investigating new technologies, and be able to keep an eye on the long-term goals while working on specific challenging programming problems.
- Will work in a small company environment.
- Will report directly to CTO.
- Will perform software coding and testing.
- Will investigate new technologies and tools.
- Depending on experience, candidate may perform software design and documentation.
- Some Telecommuting OK
Permanent position only
- 5 years programming in an either Delphi, C++, Java or .NET
- Extremely strong in Object-oriented design and analysis, including using interfaces
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Experience with version control
- 1 year programming in an either C++, Java or .NET
PREFERRED EXPERIENCEUnderstanding of Object oriented programming
Understanding of Windows programming and messaging architecture
Familiarity with a variety of 3rd party Delphi components
Experience minimizing systems of equations
SOFT SKILLS REQUIREMENTSAbility to work independently
Oral and written communication suitable for business and technical users
PLEASE SUBMITResume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com