Using your site license as an administrator
1. Start FCS Express. A login screen will appear.
2. Enter your De Novo Software account user name and password.
Administering Site License Users
As the site license administrator, you can add, edit and delete users.
To administer users, go to Security->User Administration from the File tab. The User Administration screen will appear.
Adding a new user
To add a new user, click the Add button on the User Administration screen. The Edit User Information Screen will appear. You can only create as many users as you have purchased as part of your site license. End users must have a valid De Novo Software account to be added to your site license. Users may create an account, or you may create one for them, on the De Novo Software Account Registration page.
The top portion of the Edit User Information dialog (left) for User Information will allow you to enter a users email address associated with their De Novo Software account, an ID of your choice, and a lab name of your choice. The bottom portion of the Edit User Information dialog will allow you to define the Permissions for each individual user (right).
Enter the user's information. You can choose to make the new user an:
- Administrator. Users assigned to this group will be able to use the software to analyze data, to add, edit and delete users, to view Security Reports and to edit the Security Configuration.
- Standard user. Users assigned to this group will only be able to analyze data.
- User Administrator. Users assigned to this group will only be able to to add, edit and delete users, to view Security Reports and to edit the Security Configuration.
Users may also be added using a .CSV file import. Please see the bottom of the Creating a User page in the FCS Express manual for details on creating and using a .CSV file import to manage site license users.
Deleting a User
Select the User from the User Administration screen and click the Remove button.
Note: if you do not wish to delete the user, but want to prevent them from logging in, edit the user and uncheck the Allow Log In box, shown above. Users that are not allowed to log in do not count against your user limit.
Online Self Registration
Online self registration for your users may be set up via the File tab->Security->Edit Security Configuration. By enabling self registration you may send your users a link to self register themselves on the site license. Additional administrator approvals sent via email to a site license administrator with a clickable link to approve the users may also be set up. Please see the Online Self Registration information in the FCS Express manual for more details.
Sending Users Site License Setup Instructions
Send a message to each user containing:
- A link to install FCS Express as a standalone license.
- The end-user's log in name and credentials if you have created them.
- Additional information on how to install FCS Express as a site license end user if desired.
- If using Online Self Registration a link to the unique self registration web page for your site license should be included.