FCS Express Memory Requirments
On 32-bit Windows operating systems:
- If the computer is set up in a standard way, FCS Express (32 bit) can use up to 3 GB, depending on how much memory is on the computer, and how many other programs are running.
- If the computer is booted in a special way described in solution 4 below, FCS Express (32 bit) can use up to 4 GB.
- FCS Express (64 bit) will not be able to run .
On 64-bit Windows operating systems:
- FCS Express (32 bit) can use up to 4 GB.
- FCS Express (64 bit) can use up to 128 GB.
If you are experiencing crashes in FCS Express with a 32 bit system or the 32 bit version, the reason may be that your computer system has run out of memory. This can happen when there are many large files loaded in the layout at the same time. FCS Express does not limit the size of data you can use; however, your computer, or Windows, does set a limit.