Data Scientist / Researcher
De Novo Software specializes in data analysis solutions for scientific experiments. Our flagship product, FCS Express, is used in thousands of research and clinical laboratories world-wide in applications ranging from basic science to disease diagnosis. We are a small company located in Pasadena, CA.
This position is part of a three person Research team devoted to developing new data analysis algorithms for cytometric data. The team is free to explore any problems that will benefit cytometric sciences without needing to turn immediately turn the results into a commercial product. The goal is to collaborate with cutting edge researchers to collect interesting data for relevant problems, develop new data analysis techniques, publish papers, present at conferences and become leaders in our field.
Depending on the candidate, aspects of the job will include researching, developing, comparing and optimizing algorithms for analyzing large data sets. Other aspects may include simulations, graphing, statistical analysis, high performance computing, applying algorithms from other scientific fields.
We are seeking a motivated, creative thinker to work in the heart of our research team. The specific duties will include algorithm development, programming and testing, but depending on the candidate can expand beyond that. The successful candidate will be enjoy investigating new technologies, and be able to keep an eye on the long-term goals while working on specific challenging programming problems. The candidate will also be involved in running simulations to validate different algorithmic approaches.
The candidate will be working very closely with the rest of the team, including the company president, but also must have the ability to work efficiently independently
- Will work in a small company environment.
- Will report directly to president.
- Will perform algorithm development, software design, coding and testing.
- Development primarily in Python/ R
- Will investigate new technologies and tools.
- Preference will be given for candidates who can work onsite at our Pasadena, CA facility, but remote candidates will be considered
- Permanent position only
- 3 years experience in scientific programming
- Experience in using matrix math libraries
- Experience in linear algebra
- Experience in creating simulations
- Experience in implementing algorithms described in scientific publications
- Masters or PhD in Mathematics or related field
- Biology background
- Flow Cytometry data analysis
- Experience with regression theory
SOFT SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work independently
- Oral and written communication suitable for business and technical users