The BD Accuri C6 is a bench-top system that delivers performance and features similar to those of the market-leading flow cytometers, yet it is easy even for novice users to set up and operate. The BD Accuri C6 Software that controls the C6 is easy to use and allows even a novice to quickly set up an experiment and acquire data.
There are two ways to load data from BD Accuri C6 Software files into FCS Express:
- By using the BD Accuri C6 Software importer, which brings in the set of plots and gates that were defined in the BD Accuri C6 Software, as well as the data itself.
- To simply open a plot in FCS Express, and then when a dialog appears asking you for a data file, choose a BD Accuri C6 Software file (with extension c6). There are a few things to note about loading data files this way:
Recommended changes to FCS Express User Options
- Open the preferences by selecting the File tab-> Options.
- Select the category Data Loading->FCS File Options. Turn off "Allow Multiple Data sets". Note that this change is not necessary for loading a BD Accuri C6 Software data file, but will allow you to add the subfiles to the file list, which is necessary to do batch processing.
- Turn off "Validate that files are FCS Files before displaying them in a file dialog". Note that this change is not necessary for loading a BD Accuri C6 Software data file, but will speed up adding files into the file list.
Figure 1 - Recommended Options for BD Accuri C6 Software data in FCS Express
Loading the data into a plot
- Proceed to open a plot, just as you would with any other data file. When the file dialog opens for selecting a data file, change the file type to be C6.
- Navigate to the BD Accuri C6 Software file that you want to open, and double-click on it. The dialog will then display all of the fcs files contained inside the BD Accuri C6 Software file. Select the one that you are looking for.
- Click Open.
Figure 2 - BD Accuri C6 Software file type in the file dialog
File List considerations
- In most cases in FCS Express, when you open the first plot of the layout, after you select a data file, it will load up every data file from the same directory into the File List. When you load a data file from within a BD Accuri C6 Software file, the File List will not be automatically populated. However, you can easily populate it yourself after (or before) opening the plot.
- Open the file list from the Ribbon's Data tab -> Data List. Press the Add button, navigate to the BD Accuri C6 Software file that you want to open, and double-click on it. The dialog will then display all of the fcs files contained inside the BD Accuri C6 Software file. Use Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click to select all fcs files that you want to be part of the file list, and click Open.
- Once the file list is loaded with the BD Accuri C6 Software data, you can perform all of the normal operations on the plots that you would with other kinds of data files - for example, using the Next and Previous buttons, and batch processing, or just changing the files directly from the file list.
Figure 3 - Selecting several data files from inside the BD Accuri C6 Software file
Using Multicycle with BD Accuri C6 Software Data
FCS Express and Multicycle are fully compatible with you BD Accuri C6 Software data. To get tips and learn more about using multicycle with your BD Accuri C6 Software Data please see our Using Multicycle with Accuri Data knowledge base page.