“The most important quality of the program is its evolution."
"The program is constantly being expanded, modified and refined to make it more convenient and easy to use.”
- Deniz Top
Department of Microbiology and Immunology
"...you guys have ROCKIN support! Always quick, always helpful and always right on! Thanks!!!
- Bill Sargent, MT., A.S.C.P. Flow Cytometry Department CellNetix Pathology and Laboratories
This page contains a list of frequently asked questions about different FCS Express 4 topics. Please check below to see if the answer to your question is there. If not, please feel free to check our online forums or contact our support staff.
- What is a configuration file?
- What is a countercode?
- How do I know what version of FCS Express 4 I have?
- What are the FCS Express 4 system requirements?
- How much memory (RAM) can FCS Express 4 use?
- How do I reinstall FCS Express 4 on another computer?
- Where is the configuration information stored on my hard drive?
- Why do I get an error message about installing the security drivers?
- Why won't FCS Express recognize my dongle after I inserted it into the USB port?
- How can I change my Internet Dongle/Site License password?
The Internet Dongle
- How many people can be logged in at the same time?
- How many user accounts can I create?
- Can I track usage of the internet dongle and site license?
- What happens to the users login in case of an unexpected interruption? For instance a software crash, power failure, etc.
- What happens if the user leaves the computer without logging out?
- If a user left the computer running can the user log themselves out from another computer?
- Can the administrator log users out?
- Do you have to be connected to the internet at all times?
- What happens if I lose my internet connection?
- Where can I get more information regarding the internet dongle and its use with a Site License?
- Why is the Geometric Mean Always zero?
- What is Biexponential and Hyperlog™ Scaling?
- How does FCS Express implement software compensation?
- Why are there sometimes Access Violations when I save and load files?
- What are resolution options?
- How can I set FCS Express so my FCS 3.0 data looks the same as on biexponential as it did in the BD FACSDiva software?
- What is the best way to set FCS Express to display FCS 3.0 data from FACSDiva on a 4 decade log scale?
- Why do my dot plots appear sparse and blocky?
- Why is the text on the right most label cut off my plot?
- How can I recreate ratiometric data acquired in FACSDiva?
- Why are my density plots not displayed correctly?
- What is the Elapsed Time setting in the Gallios software and how do I convert it to real time?
- How do I display Summit data in FCS Express as it appears in the Summit Software?
- How do I use Accuri CFlow files with Multicyle DNA analysis in FCS Express?
- Why do I get a "Class not registered" error message during Batch Processing?
- Why do I get an "Old Format or Invalid Type Library" error when trying to use Microsoft Excel during Batch Processing?
- Where can I get more information regarding DNA analysis using the Multicycle AV Plug-in?
- How do I load data from the Abbott Celldyne Sapphire™?
- How can I load data from the Accuri C6™ Flow Cytometer?
- Why do I get the message that a data file exported from a FACSDiva™ Experiment is invalid?
- High Content: How do I tell FCS Express what plate size to use if that information is not included in the data file?
- How do I export my data from the Chemometec NucleoView NC-3000 Software for use in FCS Express 4 Image Cytometry?
- How do I load data from the Molecular Devices MDCStore?
- How do I export and load data from Amnis IDEAS Software?
- How do I change which images and parameters to view in a data grid?
- How do I pseudocolor images in a data grid?
- How do I make images in my data grid larger?
Report Generation and Exporting
- How do I change the resolution of my exported images?
- How do I change from a portrait display to a landscape display?
- Why do my dialog screens have overlapping text?
- How can I edit my preferences?
- How do I change my plot axis labels from the Name keyword to the Stain keyword?
Hyperlog is a trademark of Verity Software House
CellDyne Sapphire is a trademark of Abbott Diagnostics
FACSDiva is a trademark of Becton Dickinson